6 reasons why the Balearic Islands is the best choice for your summer holiday
Are you one of those people that already knows when you’ll be taking your holidays, but still have no idea where? Beach or something more rural? Lots of monuments or lots of great food? Endless parties or the entire day doing absolutely nothing?
The Balearic Islands has it all! Everything you need, and all in the same place. If you don’t already know the islands, this is your chance to discover a Mediterranean paradise. And if you’re still not sure, here are 6 reasons that will convince you:
1. Endless sun and the best beaches in the Med. Everyone knows that the Balearic Islands has some of the best beaches in the world. White sand, crystal-clear waters. Beaches for one and all, some more lively, some more intimate. And if you’re travelling with the kids, some with playgrounds, pedalos and much, much more.
2. If you’re not really a beach person, no problem. There are thousands more things to do: hiking through the Sierra de Tramuntana mountains, a visit to the Drach Caves, a day at Sa Dragonera National Park… and an endless list of beautiful places you will be really grateful to discover.
3. Fun, fun, fun. Entertainment and leisure facilities everywhere you look. Discos and trendy nightspots, boat parties, beach parties and amazing local fiestas and festivals like the San Juan festival in Menorca. Experiences you will never forget.
4. Golf, hiking, cycling, climbing, every type of water sport you can imagine, the list goes on. If you prefer an active holiday or are looking for the best location for enjoying your favourite sport, look no further.
5. If one of your greatest pleasures in life is enjoying a great meal, you are going to love Balearic cuisine. At times traditional, at times more contemporary, but always delicious and firmly rooted in the Mediterranean. We recommend you try a few dishes like the delicious arroz brut (“dirty rice”), the magnificent lobster stew or the amazing crackling from a roasted suckling pig accompanied by roast potatoes bursting with flavour. The list goes on: mouth-watering Mallorcan meat pies, the spicy sobrasada pork sausage with paprika, cheese from Mahón, and ensaimadas with all different types of fillings, apricot sponges and rubiols for visitors with a sweet tooth. And wash it all down with a traditional local herb liqueur. Bon appetit!
6. The history of the Balearic Islands will surprise you. Medieval castles, prehistoric settlements, open-air museums and stunning monuments such as the magnificent Gothic Cathedral in Palma.
Holidays should be amazing experiences that help you forget the routine back home. As well as choosing the right destination, that’s why it’s also so important you find the right hotel. Choose any of our Zafiro Hotels in Mallorca or Menorca safe in the knowledge that our impeccable service and outstanding facilities will make your holidays in the Balearic Islands truly unforgettable.
It’s obvious what destination you should choose this year, right? We can’t wait to see you!