Spring is upon us and Zafiro Hotels have some unmissable ideas for you!
It’s no secret that the Balearic Islands are the perfect tourist destination all year round. Thanks to the Mediterranean climate mitigated by the gentle sea breeze, any time is a good time to visit our sun-kissed islands. However, if you’re looking for the best season to visit, then we recommend the spring: it’s warm but not sweltering, busy but not overcrowded, and the natural, rugged landscape is truly at its best. At this time of year, you get to experience the traditions and customs of Mallorca in a different way: it’s not just about lazing on the beach; you can go hiking and immerse yourself in nature, wander through olive groves and vineyards, or explore the hidden trails and villages of the sierra.
Here are some of the best things to do at this time of the year:
- Become a wine connoisseur: explore the many vineyards scattered across the island and enjoy a wine tasting or two;
- Get lost in nature: there are many trails for you to explore, either on foot or by bike. The most spectacular ones can be found in the Parc Natural de s’Albufera near the Muro municipality or in the Sierra de Tramuntana. If cycling is your thing, then Mallorca is the perfect destination as it offers trails with varying levels of difficulty both along the coast or in the mountains.
- Take part in the spring celebrations or visit the local markets: another traditional recreational activity in spring is to visit the different markets which are set up in the town squares. The markets are a truly unique way for you to discover local products and traditions. Many towns also organise ‘festes de primavera’, celebrations dedicated to the arrival of spring. On this occasion, each town decorates its plaça and sets up stalls which showcase local arts and crafts, produce and livestock.
- Be a culture vulture: if history and culture are your things, then take the time to visit the prehistoric ruins, castles, caves and old streets of the island.
- Tickle your taste buds: don’t miss the chance to enjoy local dishes prepared with fresh seasonal products. These include the traditional frit mallorquí, fried meat prepared with a range of fresh vegetables; pa amb oli, bread drizzled in oil and served with a selection of cold cuts (including the famous sobrassada mallorquina) and local cheeses; the porcella, oven-cooked suckling pig; and for the more adventurous foodies, caragols a la mallorquina, snails prepared Mallorcan style.
Let us pamper you with our exclusive Zafiro Hotels services, brought to you in the idyllic setting that is the island of Mallorca, a place where you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to food, wine, nature and outdoor activities. Come to Mallorca and enjoy spring with Zafiro Hotels!