Mallorca is an island full of amazing spots. The largest of the Balearic Islands offers a whole range of destinations to choose from, and we can safely say that all of them are the ideal choice. If you're trying to decide on the best area for a summer holiday on Mallorca, you've come to the right place. In this article we'll find the best location on Mallorca for your holiday. All you have to do is decide what kind of holiday plan is best for you.
Índice de contenidos
- The best place on Mallorca for your holiday
- The north: a paradise for families on Mallorca
- The west of Mallorca: the ideal destination for sun lovers
The best place on Mallorca for your holiday
With its 3,640 km2 Mallorca is Spain's largest island and one of the largest in the Mediterranean.
The size of the island means that one of the most common questions when planning a visit is: what’s the most beautiful area on Mallorca? Where should I stay during my holiday?
It’s easy enough to answer these questions with a simple statement: any place on the island deserves a visit. But, of course, there are some areas better suited to family holidays and other locations that are ideal when travelling as a group – then there are other choices for sports, and yet other options for romantic getaways… and some places that pretty much have it all!
The north: a paradise for families on Mallorca
Calm, welcoming, with all kinds of services and a spectacular scenery: the north of the island is one of the best places on Mallorca for family holidays. It's an hour's drive from Palma airport and people normally opt for booking a hotel with transfer from the airport, or rent a car to be able to get around during the rest of the holiday.
Within the northern area, ranging from Cape Formentor to the Llevant Peninsula Natural Park, you'll find key areas with the best accommodation, services and complementary activities at your disposal. Some examples are:
- Alcudia and Puerto Alcudia Both the town and the port area of Alcudia are among the most valued tourist destinations in the Mediterranean for families. They offer great accommodation with health and entertainment services for children and adults, as well as some of Mallorca's most beautiful beaches – such as the famous Playa de Alcudia.
- Playa de Muro Located right next to Alcudia this is actually where Playa de Alcudia continues and extends for five kilometres. One of the great attractions is the surrounding landscape: ideal for a family holiday surrounded by nature.
- Can Picafort The municipality of Can Picafort tags on to playa de Muro. This is an area where many locals choose to spend summer, and it still retains that charm from times past. White sandy beaches and calm waters make this one of the favourite areas for holidays with children.
The west of Mallorca: the ideal destination for sun lovers
The western part of the island is where you'll find some of the most beautiful coves in Mallorca, and where the Tramuntana mountain begins. It's the ideal destination for a getaway with your partner, or a trip with friends. This area extends from the municipality of Calvià to the coast of Sant Elm in Andratx and offers that perfect combination of charming little villages and plenty of options for fun and leisure where you and your company can enjoy yourselves.
If you’re planning a relaxation and wellness getaway, or a luxury holiday as a couple, the places not to be missed are:
- Palmanova A place by the sea where calm, beautiful beaches are perfectly combined with a nice environment. In this area there are three very famous beaches with fine sand and crystal-clear waters, as well as several hidden rocky coves where you can relax in peace and quiet.
- Andratx The municipality of Andratx is one of the most exclusive places on Mallorca. It's a luxury destination with a select atmosphere, exquisite accommodation and services, golf courses and a spectacularly beautiful environment that lets you experience the true essence of the island. This is the place to go if you want to surprise your partner with an unforgettable holiday.
As you've seen, there are plenty of areas on Mallorca to choose from, and all of them are excellent options when you want to spend some summer days basking in the sunshine, away from daily worries and routines. At Zafiro Hotels we offer several different plans so you can experience the summer holiday you truly deserve. Visit our website, read about our special offers for holidays on Mallorca, and choose the one that best suits your idea of an ideal trip this summer: