Welcome back to the Zafiro Hotels kitchen! We are still fascinated by Peruvian cuisine and today we present one of the most popular dishes, and another result of the fusion of Asian and Peruvian cuisine: “lomo saltado” or stir-fry beef.
The original recipe is prepared with beef, and that is how we make it for the new menu in the Tastes & Sushi Bar restaurant available in our Palace hotels. However, it can also be prepared with chicken or pork, and is equally delicious. In this video, the Head Chef of our new 5-star Zafiro Palace Andratx Hotel, Jan Rene Brack, explains the ingredients and how to make it. We hope you like it!
- 10 Oz Lean beef (cut in stripes)
- 1 piece Red onion (cut in chunky julienne)
- 10 pieces cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro (Chopped fine)
- 2 pieces Potatoes (cut and fried French fries style)
- 2 Tbsp Ají Panca or ají amarillo*
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 cups White rice (cooked)
- 2 Tbsp Ginger (minced)
- 2 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Brown beef stock
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Season the beef with the salt, pepper and garlic
- Heat to medium-high heat in a medium 10 inch sauté pan, add the oil and sauté the beef in batches (be careful not to boil it, it should be fried).
- On the last batch, add the reserved beef and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, onions and tomatoes and sauté for 1 min (vegetables should be crispy)
- Add the chili paste (optional), the soy sauce and beef brown stock and mix well
- Now it’s time for the soy sauce and to swing in the french fried potatoes
- Add the cilantro and mix well for 1 min
- Turn off the stove and serve with the cooked white rice