Travelling with the family? A romantic getaway break? Looking for something exclusive? Whatever the reason for your trip, getting to know a bit about the local culture and traditions is always a good idea. Markets, festivals, concerts ... in the summer the islands are full of activities and things to do. This post shares a few ideas on some of the best things to do in Mallorca and Menorca in June.
Puerto de Alcudia market: A night market in Puerto de Alcudia with handicrafts, costume jewellery and island-style clothing.
- WHERE: Seafront promenade, Puerto de Alcudia (Mallorca)
- WHEN: Every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 6pm to 10pm
- More information: http://www.alcudia.net/ajuntament/es/Municipi/fires-festes-mercats/
Puerto de Pollensa market: Discover a wide range of typical products and handicrafts in this market in Puerto de Pollensa.
- WHERE: Paseo Anglada Camarasa, Puerto de Pollensa (Mallorca)
- WHEN: every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7pm to midnight
Mahón Vintage Market: If you are passionate about antiques, you must not miss this vintage market with a large choice of items with a lot of history.
- WHERE: Mercat des Claustre, Mahón (Menorca)
- WHEN: every Tuesday from 8pm to 11pm
- More information: http://mercatdesclaustre.com/es/
Potato Night Festival: Bars, restaurants and food companies offer a wide range of dishes that have potatoes as their main ingredient or garnish.
- WHERE: Plaça Major, Sa Pobla (Mallorca)
- WHEN: June 7 and 8 from 7:30pm
- More information: http://www.sapobla.cat/index.php/component/k2/item/734-fira-nocturna-de-la-patata
Classical music in Valldemossa: The chambers in which Frederic Chopin and George Sand stayed during their stay in La Cartuja de Valldemossa host the 12th International Classical Music Festival, Pianino 2019.
- WHERE: Plaça de la Cartuja, Valldemossa (Mallorca)
- WHEN: On June 1, 7, 8 and 15 at 8:30pm
- More information: http://www.pianino.es/
Live music in Mahón: Enjoy a night of live music in Antesala, a modern lobby bar with a great atmosphere. Savour a few delicious tapas while listening to the best music.
- WHERE: Sa Sínia des Muret, Mahón (Menorca)
- WHEN: every Thursday from 8:30pm
- More information: https://ocioenmenorca.com/events/musica-en-vivo-antesala-lobby-bar/
Sant Joan Festival: Enjoy a few days full of Menorcan traditions and the magnificent spectacle offered by horses and their riders.
- WHERE: Ciutadella (Menorca)
- WHEN: from June 22 to 25
- More information: https://www.santjoanweb.com/
WTA Mallorca Open: One of the most important international events in women's tennis is held in Santa Ponsa.
- WHERE: Santa Ponsa (Mallorca)
- WHEN: from June 17 to 23
- More information: https://www.mallorcaopen.org/
Mallorca Cathedral Terraces: Discover some of the most unknown and curious parts of the cathedral, such as the bell tower, the terraces of the flying buttresses or the passage between the two towers of the main façade.
- WHERE: Mallorca Cathedral, Palma (Mallorca)
- WHEN: from Monday to Saturday (check schedule)
- More information: https://catedraldemallorca.org/index.php/en/information/visits/visits-terraces
Lazareto Island: located at the entrance to the port of Mahón. The incredible story behind this extraordinary building will amaze you!
- WHERE: Lazareto Island, Mahón (Menorca)
- WHEN: every Thursday and Saturday from 10am to 12:30pm and Sundays from 5pm to 7:30pm
- More information: http://lazaretodemahon.es/visitas/
In addition to all these suggestions, there is also an interactive map with a lot of other ideas. Let us know on social media if you decide to try any of them!