Mallorca is a magical place in which every corner of the island has something amazing to offer. And if you are wondering about whether it’s a great place to bring the kids, the answer is a resounding “yes”! Mallorca is a great destination for family holidays and we would like to help you discover why.
Make a note of all these suggestions by Zafiro Hotels and plan an amazing visit with us.
- Start with a tour of Palma and the seafront around the bay. With a large number of pedestrianised areas, enjoy all the charm of this beautiful city and treat the little ones to a delicious ice cream. As you approach the sea, wander among all of the moorings along the length of the seafront promenade and admire numerous boats of every kind you can imagine: small fishing boats, speedboats, catamarans, luxury yachts and more. If you get tired, hop on a tourist bus so that you can see the rest of the city at your leisure.
- 2. During the day, you can choose from among numerous beaches that are ideal for families because the water is shallow. While you relax and lap up the sun on the beach, the kids can build sandcastles beside you or splash around in the sea. Our recommendations: the beaches in Muro and Alcudia.
- 3. If you are thinking about something a bit more exciting and active, Mallorca is home to a lot of theme parks and water parks where the kids can enjoy activities and attractions including Katmandu Park, Jungle Parc or Aqualand, among others.
- 4. If you are nature lover, we suggest that you take a trip to the Puig de Galatzó Reserve in the heart of the Sierra de Tramuntana mountains and follow the paths trodden by thousands of coalminers in times of old through typical Mediterranean forest, with waterfalls, local flora and fauna and fun activities like ziplines, swimming pools, hanging bridges, etc.
- 5. Another interesting thing to do is a visit to the spectacular castles on the island such as Bellver Castle or Capdepera Castle and admire their ancient walls, defence towers, dungeons, etc.
- 6. And for one of the days you are here with the family, you really should visit the Mallorca museums such as the Pilar and Joan Miró Foundation, Es Baluard Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, the Toy Museum or the Yannick and Ben Jakober Foundation. The museums provide areas for children where they can take part in activities and
games and discover more about art in a very original way. They will love it!
- 7. Animal lovers will enjoy incredible adventures discovering all of the animals that are housed in Natura Parc Zoo and Palma Aquarium.
- 8. A family experience that you should definitely not miss is to take the rickety old train that leaves Palma every day to travel on a beautiful route through valleys and mountains to the centre of the mountain town of Sóller. Right next to the station you can then hop on to a tram to Puerto de Sóller to enjoy the port and beach. Enjoy unique views of the Sierra de Tramuntana mountains on this amazing excursion!
And to make your family holidays absolutely complete, book your stay at our Zafiro Can Picafort Hotel, winner of the TUI FAMILY Champion award. Or give any of our other hotels a try! Zafiro Hotels offers memorable holidays which promise fun and laughter for kids and teenagers alike. They will have a great time with all the creative activities, music and sports in an extensive programme of games and parties: cocktail game, t-shirt painting, bingo for kids, team sports or yoga sessions; and in the evening, a great time for all at the children's shows, Zafiro Got Talent or karaoke.
Enjoy the best possible holidays in Mallorca with your children at Zafiro Hotels!