Summer is here, and in July, Mallorca and Menorca offer countless outdoor events. Popular festivals, concerts, night markets, guided cultural tours and plenty of things to do for all ages. At Zafiro Hotels, we have chosen the ones we think are most interesting to share with you. Keep reading, choose the one you like best, pack your bags, and come and enjoy!
- WHERE: Seafront promenade, Puerto de Alcudia (Mallorca)
- WHEN: Every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 6pm to 10pm
- More information: http://www.alcudia.net/ajuntament/es/Municipi/fires-festes-mercats/
- WHERE: Paseo Anglada Camarasa, Puerto de Pollensa (Mallorca)
- WHEN: every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7pm to midnight
Ciudadela Market: Visit the Ciudadela handicrafts market with a great choice of products made by local master craftspeople
- WHERE: Plaza Des Born, Ciudadela (Menorca)
- WHEN: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7pm to midnight.
Mahón Vintage Market: If you love antiques, you must not miss the vintage market. Choose from a wide range of objects and products with an exciting history.
- WHERE: Mercat des Claustre, Mahón (Menorca)
- WHEN: every Tuesday from 8pm to 11pm
- More information: http://mercatdesclaustre.com/es/
- Artà: crafts market in the gardens of Na Alcadesa every Tuesday (from 8am to 1pm).
- Santa Ponsa, every day on the Gran Via Puig de Galatzó in Santa Ponsa (from 7pm to midnight).
- Palmanova, every day on the Palmanova seafront (from 7pm to midnight).
- Muro, every Sunday in Plaza Comte d'Empùries (from 8am to 1pm).
- Valldemossa, every Sunday in the car park of the Valldemossa Tourist Office (from 8am to 1pm).
- Palma, l'Olivar Market. Plaza del Olivar, open Monday to Saturday from 7am to 2:30pm, Fridays from 7am to 8 pm
- Sóller, every Saturday, Plaza del Mercat, (from 8am to 1pm).
- Calviá, every Monday, Calle Major (from 8:30am to 1:30pm).
- Manacor, every Monday in the Plaza Ramon Llull (from 9am to 1pm)
Summer Symphonies at Bellver Castle. The Balearic Islands Symphony Orchestra plays a series of classical music concerts in an incomparable setting on the parade ground at Bellver Castle.
- WHERE: Bellver Castle, Palma.
- WHEN: On July 4, 11, 18 and 25. At 9:30pm
- More information: http://www.artsmallorca.com/en/event-/estius-simfonics-2019
Jazzbah Ciudadela: Enjoy an evening of live music during your holidays in Menorca alongside the port in Ciudadela.
- WHERE: Pla de Sant Joan, Ciudadela, Menorca
- WHEN: Performances almost every day in July.
- More information: https://jazzbah.es/
Port Adriano Music Festival. Port Adriano has prepared an excellent programme for the month of July.
- WHERE: Port Adriano. El Toro, Calviá
- July 21: Gregory Porter
- July 25: Carla Bruni
- July 27: Maceo Parker
- July 30: Melody Gardot
- More information: http://portadriano.com/musicfestival/?lang=en
Sant Jaume festival in Alcudia: The Sant Jaume festival is full of events and activities: concerts, musical performances, open-air dances, theatre, exhibitions and sports competitions.
- WHERE: Alcudia (Mallorca)
- WHEN: from July 22 to 25
- More information: http://www.alcudia.net/ajuntament/ca/Municipi/festes-i-tradicions-ok/
Corregudes del Cós festival in Muro. During the San Jaime celebrations (July 25), one of the island’s traditional festivals is held in Muro. Horse racing, horse-cart racing and also running races for the little ones.
- WHERE: Es Cós, Muro
- WHEN: July 25
- More information:http://www.calvia.com/responsive/general.plt?KPAGINA=224&KIDIOMA=3
Virgen del Carmen festival in Puerto de Pollensa. Our Lady of Mount Carmel is the patron saint of sailors, and every year in Puerto de Pollensa there is a lovely festival which revolves around the sea. The boat procession around Pollensa Bay is highly recommended, as are the numerous activities, dances and concerts organised throughout the week.
- WHERE: Puerto de Pollensa
- WHEN: July 16.
- More information: http://www.ajpollenca.net/
Santa Catalina Tomás festival in Valldemossa. Perhaps one of the most moving festivals for the Mallorcan people is held in honour of the Mallorcan Saint Catherine of Palma, better known locally as "Sor Tomaseta" or "La Beata".
- WHERE: Valldemossa
- WHEN: July 28.
- More information: https://mallorcamarketsandfestivals.com/evento/festival-of-the-beata-in-valldemossa
Via Fora, the history of Alcudia: You can discover more about the past of the walled-town of Alcudia on this fantastic dramatised historical tour organised by the Alcudia Auditorium.
- WHERE: Porta des Moll, Alcudia (Mallorca)
- WHEN: from July 12 to August 23 at 9pm
- More information: https://www.auditorialcudia.net/via-fora
Visit to Lazareto Island: Located at the entrance of the port of Mahón. The incredible story behind this extraordinary building will amaze you!
- WHERE: Lazareto Island, Mahón (Menorca)
- WHEN: every Thursday and Saturday from 10am to 12:30pm and Sundays from 5pm to 7:30pm
- More information: http://lazaretodemahon.es/visitas/